Friday, October 3, 2008

Broken Appliances

Today our DVD broke and my husband pronounced it Dead, unfixable. Our two young boys started jumping up and down, excidedly. Not that they don't enjoy watching DVDs - they Love to take apart old broken appliances. As my husband laid the now-useless thing on the family room floor, our boys got out their tool-boxes. They used their little size screw drivers, plyers, clamps, hammers, and 4" long crow bars to take every screw out, and pry apart every single thing holding that device together. It served to entertain them for about 4 hours. Don't tell me young children don't have a very long attention span. You just have to find the right things to capture that attention! Do you know HOW MANY tiny little screws hold together one DVD player? If you don't, I'll let you know, after I finished stepping on all of them and picking them up off the floor. Next time, remind me to lay out a sheet for them to unscrew onto first!

No comments: